615.266.6778 [email protected]
When you begin your quest for a mortgage broker in Nashville, don’t be afraid to interview several. Below you will find a list of documents that most brokers will require for loan qualification. If you compile these items in advance, your process is assured to run smoothly.
TIP – Try keeping these documents neatly in a folder in your Dropbox or Google Drive for quick and orderly access when needed.


General Items

  • Photo ID
  • Social Security Number
  • Payment to cover any application fees
  • Name and address of landlords (past 2 years)
  • Copy of diploma if recently graduated

Income Verification

  • Employment history, including names, addresses, phone numbers, and length of time with that company (past 2 years)
  • New employer offer letter if appropriate
  • Copies of your most recent pay stubs and W-2 form
  • Verification of other income (social security, child support, alimony, retirement)
  • If you are self-employed: Copies of signed tax returns including all schedules (past 2 years), and a signed profit and loss statement for the current year
  • If you are retired: tax returns (past 2 years)
  • If you have rental property income, copies of all lease agreements

Asset Verification

  • Copies of bank statements from checking/savings accounts (past three months). Include all pages of statements
  • Copies of all stock/bond certificates and/or past statements/retirement accounts
  • Prepare a list of major household assets and their values


  • Credit cards (account numbers, current balances, and monthly payments)
  • Installment loans (car, student, etc.) Same details as for credit card
  • Mortgage loans (property address, lender, account numbers)
  • Monthly payment and balance owed on all properties presently owned or sold within the last 2 years). Proof of sale for properties sold
  • Childcare expense/support (name, address, phone number)


  • Bankruptcy – discharge and schedule of creditors. Adverse credit – bring letters of explanation
  • Divorce – Divorce Decrees, property settlements, quitclaim deeds, modifications, etc.
  • VA only – Form DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility
  • Retirees – retirement and/or Social Security Award Letter