Homeownership Is A Decision To Invest In A Place You Love
About James and Steph
Bigger isn’t always better. We’ve never aspired to have our faces on billboards or to oversee a throng of underlings. We are proud to be independent, locally-owned brokers. We want to personally guide you through every aspect of your move. We will never pass you over to a trainee or unlicensed assistant. You will always work with us.
Our mission isn’t to sell thousands of homes – though over the years we have sold hundreds of them. Our goal is simply to help two or three families each month. This boutique philosophy ensures that our clients receive the personal attention they deserve and it provides us work we can be proud of.
At the end of the day, we are in the business of paying it forward. We believe, wholeheartedly, in the power of homeownership. It has changed our lives and our fortune. If you’re looking for someone you can trust with your transaction, we’d love to assist with your next purchase or sale.
Stephanie is a Nashville native and started selling homes in 2003, after getting her license to facilitate rehabbing and flipping homes. She soon discovered she didn’t love working on homes as much she enjoyed working with people, and real estate has been her passion ever since. She knew immediately that she didn’t want to “sell” homes, but rather supply the expertise necessary to transact a favorable deal for clients on homes they already loved. She has since used her wisdom to help hundreds of clients make informed decisions.
She was elected to the board of directors of the 5,000+-member Greater Nashville Realtors® in 2016, where she continues to serve on the MLS Advisory Committee. She is living and thriving with multiple sclerosis.
Like many Nashville natives, James spent years chasing his musical dreams here and on the road with a variety of artists. He transitioned to a career in graphic design in the late ‘90s, while continuing to play music on weekends. James was pitching in with graphic design, marketing, and database management early in the business, but he gave up music and joined full time in 2014 after Steph’s MS diagnosis. Clients have responded favorably to his forthright demeanor and quick wit.
Together, they moved from a larger brokerage to open their own, Brokers Cooperative. On a typical day, she is working on contracts, negotiations, and marketing from their home office while James can be found in the field opening doors for buyers, attending inspections, and meeting with sellers.
When it’s time to relax, Steph loves listening to audiobooks, exploring Nashville’s eclectic restaurant scene, and hanging with pups Stella and Barkley. James enjoys cooking, tabletop games (he’s an unapologetic geek), and sipping single malt scotch. They live in the historic Bluefields neighborhood and invest in the Nashville housing rental market to build a nest egg for retirement.
Certifications & Designations
- CRS – Certified Residential Specialist
- GRI – Graduate, Realtor Institute
- ABR – Accredited Buyers Representative
- ePRO – Certified Internet Professional
- RCS-D – Vanderbilt Specialist Designation, Divorce & ElderCare
- IMSD – Internet Marketing Specialist Designation
- iREP – iRealEstatePro (iBuyers & institutional buyers)
- SFR – Short Sale & Foreclosure Resource
- C2EX – Commitment to Excellence
- Residential Rehab Training
- HUD Approved Sales Agent
- Errors & Omissions Insured
- Code of Ethics Certified
- B.A. Graduate, cum laude honors. Middle Tennessee State University, 1999
- Pi Beta Phi national philanthropic fraternity, alumni, TN Gamma chapter, University of Tennessee
- Tennessee Real Estate Commission Broker License #288968 (established affiliate in 2003, managing broker/owner 2014)
- Realtracs MLS Advisory Committee, 2018-2021
- Director-At-Large, Greater Nashville Realtors®, 2016-2019
- Board of Directors, Tennessee Realtors®, 2017
- KW Associate Leadership Council (2012-2015)
- National Association of Realtors®
- Tennessee Realtors®
- Greater Nashville Realtors®
- Nashville Multiple Sclerosis Society – Gold-Star Fundraiser and annual contributor
- RPAC Sterling® Major Investor