Aspiring To Do Work That Matters
About James and Steph
When you’re buying a home, you don’t want to be “sold”. You want a trusted advisor, someone who has your best interests in mind and understands the nuances of the local market. At Brokers Cooperative, Stephanie and James have created a company to make that happen, and we have our clients cheering.
Bigger isn’t always better. We’ve never aspired to have our faces on billboards or to oversee a throng of underlings. We are proud to be independent, locally-owned brokers. We want to personally guide you through every aspect of your move. We will never pass you over to a junior/new agent. You will always deal with us.
Our mission isn’t to sell thousands of homes – though over the years we have sold hundreds of them. Our goal is simply to help two or three families each month. This boutique philosophy ensures that our clients receive the personal attention they deserve and it provides us work we can be proud of.
Stephanie is a Nashville native and started selling homes in 2003, after getting her license to facilitate rehabbing-and-flipping homes. She soon discovered she didn’t love working on homes as much she enjoyed working with people, and real estate has been her passion since. She knew immediately that she didn’t want to “sell” homes, but rather supply the expertise necessary to transact a favorable deal for clients on homes they already loved. She became an acknowledged expert in local market trends and statistics and used her knowledge to help clients make informed decisions. She was elected to the board of directors of Greater Nashville Realtors® in 2016, where she continues to serve. She is living and thriving with multiple sclerosis.
Her husband James joined the business in 2014 after Steph’s MS diagnosis. Together, they moved from a larger brokerage to open their own, Brokers Cooperative. On a typical day, she is working on contracts, negotiations, and marketing from their home office while James can be found in the field opening doors for buyers, attending inspections, and meeting with clients.
When it’s time to relax, Steph loves listening to audio books, travel, and her dogs Stella and Barkley. James enjoys cooking, tabletop games (he’s an unapologetic geek), and sipping single malt scotch. They live in the historic Bluefields neighborhood and invest in the Nashville housing rental market to build a nest egg for retirement.
They believe, wholeheartedly, in the power of homeownership.
Stephanie is a strong advocate for continuing education and Realtor community involvement.
- Realtracs MLS Advisory Committee, 2018-2019
- Director, Greater Nashville Realtors®, 2016-2019
- RPAC Sterling® Major Investor 2017, 2018
- Board of Directors, Tennessee Realtors®, 2017
- KW Associate Leadership Council (2012-2015)
- member – National Association of Realtors®
- member, past director, – Tennessee Realtors®
- member, director, – Greater Nashville Realtors®
- member, – Council of Residential Specialists
- member, fundraiser, – Nashville Multiple Sclerosis Society
- RCS-D – Vanderbilt Real Estate Collaborative Specialist Designation, Divorce & Elder Care
- IMSD – Internet Marketing Specialist Designation
- Residential Rehab Training
- HUD Training
- Errors & Omissions Insured
- Code of Ethics Certified
- B.A. Graduate, cum laude honors. Middle Tennessee State University, 1999
- Pi Beta Phi national philanthropic fraternity, alumni, TN Gamma chapter, University of Tennessee
- Tennessee Real Estate Commission Broker License #288968 (established 2003, broker 2014)