Aspiring To Do Work That Matters For People Who Care
About James and Steph
When you’re buying a home, you don’t want to be “sold”. You want a trusted advisor, someone who has your best interests in mind and understands the nuances of the local market. Buying a home with the wrong agent can be a painful experience, like doing taxes or speaking in public.
At Brokers Cooperative, Stephanie and James have created a company to make that happen, and we have our clients cheering.
Stephanie started selling homes in Nashville in 2003, after getting her license to facilitate rehabbing-and-flipping homes. She discovered she didn’t love working on homes as much she enjoyed with clients, and real estate has been her passion since. She knew immediately that she didn’t want to “sell” homes, but rather supply the expertise necessary to transact a favorable deal for clients on homes they already loved. She became an acknowledged expert in local market trends and statistics and used her knowledge to help clients make informed decisions. She’s racked up sales awards year after year, not by convincing anyone, but by supplying good counsel and great service. She was elected to the board of directors of Greater Nashville Realtors® in 2016, where she continues to serve.
Her husband James joined the business in 2013, first with database and contact management, and then with his own real estate license in 2014. Together, they moved from a larger brokerage to open their own, Brokers Cooperative. They believe smaller, more focused tech-savvy real estate services are a better fit for clients who want personal attention.
When it’s time to relax, Steph loves listening to audio books, travel, and her dogs Stella and Barkley. James enjoys cooking, tabletop games (he’s an unapologetic geek), and sipping single malt scotch. They live in the historic Bluefields neighborhood and invest in the Nashville housing rental market to build a nest egg for retirement.
They believe, wholeheartedly, in the power of homeownership.
Stephanie is a strong advocate for continuing education and Realtor community involvement. Credentials include:
- Realtracs MLS Advisory Committee, 2018-2019
- Director, Greater Nashville Realtors®, 2016-2018
- RPAC Sterling® Major Investor 2017, 2018
- Board of Directors, Tennessee Realtors®, 2017
- Liaison GNR Special Events Committee, 2018
- Chairperson GNR Professional Development Committee, 2016
- GNR Leadership. Class of 2015.
- KW Associate Leadership Council (2012-2015)
- member – National Association of Realtors®
- member, past director, – Tennessee Realtors®
- member, past director, – Greater Nashville Realtors®
- member, – Council of Residential Specialists
- member, fundraiser, – Nashville Multiple Sclerosis Society
- RCS-D – Vanderbilt Real Estate Collaborative Specialist Designation, Divorce & Elder Care
- IMSD – Internet Marketing Specialist Designation
- Residential Rehab Training
- HUD Training
- Errors & Omissions Insured
- Code of Ethics Certified
- B.A. Graduate, cum laude honors. Middle Tennessee State University, 1999
- Pi Beta Phi national philanthropic fraternity, alumni, TN Gamma chapter, University of Tennessee
- Tennessee Real Estate Commission Broker License #288968 (established 2003, broker 2014)