As a Nashville native, I can confidently say that Nashville is a vibrant city that offers a wide range of entertainment, delicious food, affordable living, and much more. If you’re considering moving to Nashville, here are seven of the top reasons you should make our thriving city your new home.
- Sports Culture: With five professional sports teams, including the Nashville Predators hockey team, the Tennessee Titans football team, the Nashville Sounds baseball team, and the Nashville SC soccer team, there’s something for every sports fan.
- Excellent Education: Nashville is home to numerous colleges, private schools, and universities, including Vanderbilt University, Belmont, and Tennessee State University. This is how we earned Nashville the nickname “Athens of the South” due to its abundance of educational opportunities.
- Affordable Living: Nashville’s cost of living is just 1.4% higher than the national average. And while home prices can seem high to locals who grew up here, we are a much more affordable option than some of our peer cities.
- A Thriving Food Scene: Nashville’s food scene is second to none, with a range of local favorites such as hot chicken from Prince’s Hot Chicken Shack and Hattie B’s, to Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint and Rosepepper Cantina, we have it all. We also have fine dining a plenty from award-winning chefs like Sean Brock, Tandy
- Picturesque Neighborhoods: Every neighborhood in Nashville has a unique personality and charm; from Downtown Nashville and East Nashville to 12 South and Germantown, we have an eclectic urban scene with options from funky to fancy; we also have first-ring neighborhoods like Crieve Hall, Donelson, and Hillwood that feature mid-century architecture and old-growth trees.
- Music Scene: Known as”The Capital City of Country Music” and “Music City USA,” Nashville is a dream destination for music lovers. Home to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, The Grande Ole Opry, and the annual four-day CMA Music Festival, the city also has a thriving classical music scene, gospel music scene, and is home to the Nashville Symphony Orchestra at Schermerhorn.
- Things to Do: Nashville offers numerous outdoor activities, such as strolling in Centennial Park or hiking in Beaman Park, as well as a range of events and festivals throughout the year, such as the Nashville Film Festival, Nashville Whiskey Fest, the Oktoberfest, Nashville Fashion Week, CMA Fest, and the ACM Awards. Living here really is a quality-of-life upgrade,
Overall, Nashville has something for everyone, and it’s easy to see why it’s becoming an increasingly popular place to live. As a seasoned real estate agent with nearly 20 years of experience, I, well, we would love to help you make your move. I’d welcome you to check out our website, NestingInNashville.com, where we’ve spent years blogging about and highlighting dozens of Nashville neighborhoods.