People ask me all the time – “What are the BEST neighborhoods in Nashville?”
That’s a complicated question. It all depends on what you are looking for. Are schools important to you? Walkability? Shopping? An easy commute?
A better question to ask your Realtor would be: “What’s the BEST neighborhood in Nashville where I can find a home priced under X that also offers Y.”
12 South, Sylvan Park, Germantown, the Gulch, Hillsboro Village, East Nashville, and Green Hills have long been popular urban neighborhoods. The Nations, Wedgewood Houston (WeHo), Inglewood, Woodbine, and SoBro are now in full-on development. Where will the next hot spot emerge? Pockets of 37207 in north-east Nashville is a safe bet. As are the Buena Vista and Elizabeth Park neighborhoods on the periphery of Germantown in 37208. The Nolensville Pike corridor in 37211 is growing fast. As is Donelson in 37214.
If budget was no obstacle, my personal favorite neighborhood in Nashville would be Richland-Cherokee. Other outstanding pockets that appeal to me personally are Little Hollywood in East Nashville and Historic Bluefields in Donelson (where I’m renovating a house right now!). Then perhaps Lenox Village, Whispering Hills and Old Hickory Village for the more budget-conscious.
I’d like to recommend a wonderful place to research neighborhoods over on the StyleBlueprint blog. SB is sort of an online magazine catering to southern women. I highly recommend checking out their Nashville Neighborhood Guide. Their great writers have posted more than 40 articles for your reading pleasure. For months I’ve been sending links to clients, so I thought I’d go ahead and curate links to the best features here on the Nesting In Nashville blog.
These are a my favorites:
- The Nations. Nashville’s Newest HOT Neighborhood
- East Nashville. A Love Letter
- What Makes Donelson So HIP?
- 8th Ave/Melrose Neighborhood Spotlight
- Did you know ALL This Was In Germantown?
- The Meaning Behind 10 Nashville Neighborhood Names
- What’s Up at Edgehill Village?
- Wedgewood Houston’s Hip Culture
- Hanging Out On The East Side: Riverside Village
- Sylvan Park. Eat, Shop, Walk
- The Gulch Is Fabulous
- Marathon Village. The New Industrial Chic.
- Charlotte Avenue. It Just Keeps Givin’
- High 5’s For 5 Points
~Bravo SB ladies. Keep up the good work! You make Nashville shine!