Home sales across Nashville ended the year on a positive note with an increase in units sold and sales prices. The number of home sales in Davidson County as reported by Chandler Reports increased 2% in 2016 with 18,019 recorded closings compared to 17,682 in 2015.
Nashville Market Trends
- The average price of a home increased 10% ending the year at $287,367 compared to $261,240 at the end of 2015.
- Median home sale prices were up 13% from last year to $230,000 versus $204,000 in 2015.
- Antioch (37013) had the most home sales for the year with 2,102 recorded averaging $176,099.
- Green Hills (37215) recorded the highest average sales price for the year of $641,890 across 827 sales.
- 35% of home sales for the year were between $150,000-$249,999.
- Home sales over $1 million were up 14% from 2015 with 315 recorded compared to 276 recorded last year.