Home sales in Nashville and Davidson County heated up in May as sales prices continue to climb. We saw a record number of closings in the mid-state area despite the lack of available inventory. Here are a few highlights:
- The total number of units sold in May were up 4% and average home sales prices were up 9% from last year.
- There were 1,773 home sales recorded for the month averaging $318,430 compared to 1,708 sales recorded in May 2016 averaging $292,767.
- Median home sale prices were up 9% from last year to $261,000 versus $238,900 last May.
- Through the first five months of 2017 the number of home sales recorded are up 3% and the average home sales price is up 9% from the same period of 2016.
- Antioch (37013) had the most home sales for the month with 167 recorded averaging $191,058.
- Belle Meade/West End (37205) recorded the highest average sales price for the month of $681,526 across 89 sales.
- 32% of home sales for the month were between $150,000-$249,999.
- Home sales over $1 million were up 23% from May 2016 with 38 recorded compared to 31 recorded last year.
Click below for the May 2017 ZIP code stats from around Davidson County: