The number of home sales in Nashville and Davidson County fell for the first time in 2017 indicating a possible market flattening. Average sales prices continued to climb in light of limited inventory and continued buyer demand. Here is a closer look at the numbers.
- The total number of units sold in April were down 9% and average home sales prices were up 7% from last year.
- There were 1,437 home sales recorded for the month averaging $303,923 compared to 1,574 sales recorded in April 2016 averaging $282,891.
- Median home sale prices were up 11% from last year to $249,900 versus $225,000 last April.
- Through the first four months of 2017 the number of home sales recorded are up 3% and the average home sales price is up 9% from the same period of 2016.
- Antioch (37013) had the most home sales for the month with 170 recorded averaging $190,549.
- Belle Meade/West End (37205) recorded the highest average sales price for the month of $637,300 across 55 sales.
- Home sales over $1 million were down 8% from April 2016 with 24 recorded compared to 26 recorded last year.
Click below for the April 2017 ZIP code stats from around Davidson County