- There were 1,657 home sales recorded for the month averaging $317,400 compared to 1,638 sales recorded in July 2016 averaging $297,242.
- Median home sale prices were up 6% from last year to $260,000 versus $245,000 last July.
- Through the first half of 2017 the number of home sales recorded are up 1% and the average home sales price is up 8% from the same period of 2016.
- Antioch (37013) had the most home sales for the month with 186 recorded averaging $198,535.
- Oak Hill (37220) recorded the highest average sales price for the month of $676,327 across 24 sales.
- 35% of home sales for the month were between $150,000-$249,999.
- Home sales over $1 million were up 52% from July 2016 with 38 recorded compared to 25 recorded last year.
In related news, CBS News names Nashville the hottest real estate market in the country for 2017 with Zillow anticipating 4.3% appreciate for the year. That’s a number less than we’ve been seeing in recent years, but a very strong number historically speaking.
Click below for the July 2017 ZIP code stats from around Davidson County: